EASTERN AREA AGENCY ON AGING
VOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENT: Furry
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator
GOAL OF ASSIGNMENT: Assist in distribution of emergency (pet) food packs to consumers
JOB SUMMARY: The Furry Friends Food Bank provides supplemental pet food and supplies to low income seniors and adults with disabilities. The volunteers for this program may: pick up food from EAAA o donor sites and deliver to area cafe's, Set up food for distribution and pass out to consumers, break down large bags of food into smaller containers, deliver to homebound citizens.QUALIFICATIONS SOUGHT:
Experience and Education/Skills Desired:
· High School diploma or GED preferred.
· Experience working with the elderly and/or disabled adults preferred.
· Knowledge of services and programs available for older persons preferred.
· Own or have access to reliable transportation.
· Must possess a valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.TIME COMMITMENT:
Estimated hours: 1-2 hours/month
Scheduling: Varies - depending on needs.