EASTERN AREA AGENCY ON AGING
POSITION DESCRIPTIONVOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENT: Money Minders Volunteer
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator
GOAL OF ASSIGNMENT: To provide accounting assistance to low income seniors and adults with disabilities.
Our Money Minders volunteers assist the client in preparation of checks from clients designated account, paying monthly bills, establishing a budget, and properly maintaining the check register. Our volunteers submit a monthly summary and quarterly back-up report to the Money Minder Coordinator. Volunteers do NOT sign the check or assume Power of Attorney.
· High School diploma or GED preferred.
· Accounting and/or budgeting experience preferred
· Experience working with the elderly and/or disabled adults preferred.
· Knowledge of services and programs available for older persons preferred.
· Own or have access to reliable transportation.
· Must possess a valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.TIME COMMITMENT:
Estimated hours: 2-4 hours / month.
Scheduling: Flexible, at times agreed upon by both volunteer and consumer.