EASTERN AREA AGENCY ON AGING
VOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENT: Home Visit Volunteer
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator
OF ASSIGNMENT: Establish a relationship with the consumer by
visiting them in their environment to talk, play cards, etc.
- Responsible for initiating visits with the consumer, visiting the consumer and reporting accordingly.
- Maintain records of calls made to Phone Friend receiver and report hours to Program Coordinator.
- Experience and Education/Skills Desired:
- Must be friendly and sociable
- Must possess good communication skills
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience working with the elderly preferred.
- Knowledge of services and programs available for older persons preferred.
- Own or have access to reliable transportation.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
Estimated hours: Varies - volunteer determines number of times per week they wish to visit as well as how long to stay.
Scheduling: Flexible - volunteer and consumer arrange a time of day/week that works best for them.