EASTERN AREA AGENCY ON AGING
VOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENT: EZ Fix Maintenance Program
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator
GOAL OF ASSIGNMENT: Assist with simple home repairs and maintenance.
JOB SUMMARY:Our EZ Fix volunteers assist clients with minor home and safety repairs as well as general light house keeping services. The goal is to help seniors to stay in their homes longer while feeling safe and comfortable. EZ Fix volunteers help with installing grab bars, repairing steps, railings and doors. Volunteers also help with light electrical & plumbing and winterization.
Although the spectrum of services is broad, volunteers can decide what they are comfortable helping with and how much time they feel comfortable volunteering. Scheduling is very flexible. EZ Fix volunteers typically volunteer 1-3 hours monthly and sometimes less. Itâ€™s really up to the individual, but you certainly do not need to be a skilled contractor to lend a hand. All levels of skill are needed.
Experience and Education/Skills Desired:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience working with the elderly and/or disabled adults preferred.
- General knowledge or work experience with household repair/maintenance is preferred.
- Knowledge of services and programs available for older persons preferred.
- Own or have access to reliable transportation.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
Estimated hours: Varies â€“ depending on needs.
Scheduling: Varies - depending on needs.