EASTERN AREA AGENCY ON AGING
VOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENT: A Matter of Balance Coach
REPORTS TO: Health
Programs Training Coordinator
GOAL OF ASSIGNMENT: Deliver Matter of Balance information to participants.
The A Matter of Balance Coach delivers fall-prevention information and material to community participants to reduce the risk of falling and improve awareness.
Experience and Education/Skills Desired:
· High School diploma or GED preferred.
· Experience working with the elderly and/or disabled adults preferred.
· Knowledge of services and programs available for older persons preferred.
· Prepare for each class by reviewing the A Matter of Balance manual and materials
· Organize the classroom with supplies and refreshments
· Present the class according to the directions, training and materials provided
· Encourage interactive discussion about the concepts and skills presented
· Demonstrate and coach the exercises outlined in the A Matter of Balance Program
· Monitor and connect with each participant
· Promote socialization and a solution-oriented environment among the participantsTIME COMMITMENT:
Estimated hours: Attend 8 hours of coach training. Attend 2.5 hours of facilitator training update annually. Facilitate A Matter of Balance for 8 weeks, meeting once per week for 2 hours.
Scheduling: Varies, depending on community need. Agree to facilitate two A Matter of Balance classes within one year of training.