EASTERN AREA AGENCY ON AGING
ASSIGNMENT: Living Well Program Leader
TO: Health Programs Training Coordinator
GOAL OF ASSIGNMENT: To accurately deliver this health program to participants.
The Living Well Leader is responsible for delivering the Evidence-based Living Well for Better Health class information to participants.
Experience and Education/Skills Desired:
· High School diploma or GED preferred
· Experience working with the elderly and/or disabled adults preferred
· Knowledge of services and programs available for older persons preferred
· Prepare for each class by reviewing the Living Well manual and materials
· Organize the classroom with supplies and charts
· Present the class according to the directions, training and materials provided
· Encourage interactive discussion about the concepts and skills presented
· Monitor and connect with each participant
· Promote socialization and a solution-oriented environment among the participantsTIME COMMITMENT:
Estimated hours: After attending a 4-day training (32 hours total), this program meets once per week for 2.5 hours for 6 weeks. Approximately 30 minutes of prep time is necessary each week prior to class. Also attend 2.5 hours of facilitator training update annually.
Scheduling: Varies based on need in the community. Contract to co-facilitate 1 or more workshops within the first 6 months after attending training.