Options for Giving
Giving can be done in many ways:
A memorial donation - a personal remembrance that honors the life of a friend, relative or colleague with a gift of love and hope.
A donation is a general contribution to Eastern Area Agency on Aging to help us continue our valuable senior programs and services. If you wish, a donation can be given to support a specific program like Meals on Wheels, the EZ Fix program, or any of the other programs we provide.
Matching Gifts are offered by many companies to encourage their employees to contribute to charitable organizations. Ask your employer if matching gifts are possible.
Gifts of Securities offer significant tax advantages. You or your broker may contact the Executive Director at 1-800-432-7812 for more information.
An In-Kind Donation can include prizes for raffles, auction items,
decorations, gifts for tenants and other helpful items. If you would
like to donate an item to Eastern Area Agency on Aging, just give us a call!
Eastern Area Agency on Aging appreciates every donation.
You may send your gift to our offices at 450 Essex St., Bangor, ME 04401 or you may donate online. Thank you very much for your support.
Your donation can truly make a difference in the lives of seniors, adults with disabilities and caregivers throughout our service area:
- For just $25, a senior who is no longer able to drive can receive 20 miles of transportation to and from a Community Café.
- For $50, a senior recovering at home after a hospital stay can receive hot, home delivered, noontime meals for nine days.
- $100 will provide a homebound senior with meals for 18 days.
- For $500, low-income seniors, in need of home repairs, can receive sometimes costly materials. Our EZ Fix It volunteers do the work, free of charge, but EAAA can not afford materials. The home repairs ensure seniors’ safety.
- With a $1000 contribution, Meals for ME can continue to produce hot, nutritious meals for senior citizens, as specialty kitchen equipment would be maintained and updated.
At Eastern Area Agency on Aging, we welcome and appreciate your tax-deductible donations, bequests and memorial gifts. Private contributions and donations are vital funding sources that enhance current programs and provide additional services. Programs that benefit from your donations are our Community Cafes, Meals on Wheels, Community Outreach, Family Caregiver Program, Alzheimer’s Respite, EZ Fix, the Furry Friends Food Bank, Transportation and the Volunteer Program.